Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cost of Miracle..Gud One..

An eight year old child heard her parents talking about her little brother. All she knew was he was sick. Only a very costly surgeon could save him. She understood that her father is not affordable. She heard her dad saying to her tear full mother, “only God can save our son" The little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jar from a hiding place in the closet. She poured the change out on the floor and counted carefully. She then proceeded to a local drug store. She took a quarter from her jar and placed it on the glass counter.

"And what do you want" asked the pharmacist. “It’s for my little brother, he is really sick and I want to buy a miracle “said the little girl. "I beg your pardon "said the pharmacist. "His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing in his head and my father told only miracle can save him, so how much does a miracle costs? ".

"We don’t sell miracles here child “said the pharmacist looking at the girl sadly. "Listen I have the money to pay for it. If it’s not enough I will try and get something more Just tell me how much it costs?”

In the shop was a well dressed customer, he stopped and asked the girl ”what kind of miracle does your brother need?" "I don’t know he is really sick and mummy says he needs operation. But daddy can’t pay for it. So I brought my savings"."How much do you have?” the man asked. “One dollar and eleven cents, But I can try and give you some more”.

"Well what a coincidence" smiled the man."A dollar and eleven cents is exactly the miracle costs" He took the money and said ”Take me to your house. I want to see your brother and your parents. Let’s see if I have the kind of miracle you need" the well dressed man was a leading Surgeon of repute in the town specializing in neurosurgery. The operation was completed and Andrew was back home and doing well.

Mother whispered” That surgery was a miracle wonder how much it would have cost?”. The girl smiled .she knew exactly how much the miracle cost, one dollar and eleven cents plus the faith of the child.

Perseverance can make miracles happen. No matter how worst the situation seems to be we can surmount every difficulty that comes on the way through the act of perseverance.

No comments: